Sunday 27 February 2011

Poor me

I mentioned my enormous spot on my Twitter postings. It truly was enormous - half of my nose swelled dramatically and it was positively purple on Tuesday! It had, of course, begun to swell on Saturday so I was busy with make-up and when that failed, resorted to standing behind taller people in the wedding photos!

I also picked up a head cold when I was in Scotland. It was messy!! I couldn't be more than 4 inches from a box of tissues for fear of sneezing and...I won't go into details. It is sufficient to say it was messy!!!! I was concerned enough about the nose thing to actually go to the Doctors on Wednesday. It turns out I have the remains of a chest infection (which I didn't know I had), a red, inflamed throat (which I did know I had!) and swollen glands. Oh, and the spot was more of an abscess. I was prescribed antibiotics and booked in for blood tests to try and get to the bottom of my spots which have flared again.

Since starting the antibiotics I have been on the Erythromycin diet! I have never, ever felt so nauseous EVER. I felt pretty bad on Thursday. During Thursday night I couldn't move as moving triggered overwhelming waves of nausea. I couldn't get out of bed on Friday and managed to eat a whole digestive biscuit in 36 hours. The nausea passed (mostly) by Saturday afternoon, but now the little I'm managing to eat is turbo charged. Also, my slightly achy shoulder is now causing pain. JOY! My body has turned against me!!! I am a delight to behold! I tell you - I feel so much more sympathetic for pregnant women now. If that is what morning sickness is like then, phew - hats off to you amazing ladies!!

No comments: