Wednesday 28 November 2007

Friendly faces

Today was a day of highs and lows....

I found out today that Brucie-baby wasn't coming to visit the Inc next week after all, so I wasn't going to see my favourite Colonel (or his delectable white jeans!), but he did write me a good e-mail will all his news so that made up for it...a little anyway.

I got a nice surprise mid morning. I was walking out of the office when I thought I spied what looked like the back of Andy Becks head. Telling myself I was being totally ridiculous I carried on out the door...and when I came back in I got a better view of the guys standing outside Paul B's office. It WAS Andy...and Phil Cork too!! It was a lovely surprise! Everyone in the office adores Phil from his time over here, so there were hugs all round. It was so lovely to see him! Actually it was lovely to see both of them...it's always nice to see a face from back home.

One of the slightly more stressful points of the day was when I found out that Stephen had omitted to tell me that I was supposed to be booking people from the UK into a hotel in New York. And they were on a flight over. Thankfully I managed to get them booked in, but I was having palpitations and would happily have crowned him if he had been in the office!!!

Another stress point was when I got home. I struggled to get the kitchen door unlocked, then couldn't get my key back out of the lock. I could have cried! Thankfully we had bought WD40 when we arrived 5 months ago...so all I had to do was find it. I could have cried! After dragging everything out of the storage cupboard I finally found it....and after a brief phone call to Stephen to berate him for not sorting this last night when he found the lock was sticking, I managed to oil the lock and get my key back out.

I'm just about to go and sort out the Christmas card list...always a fun job! I think I need a drink!!!!!

No comments: