Wednesday 7 April 2010

Easter

Gotta love a 4 day weekend! I've come out of the Easter weekend relaxed and refreshed - finally! We spent a lot of time doing laundry in preparation for our US trip - Yes - even Stephen got stuck into it! We did an absolute mountain of ironing on Monday. Everest was conquered!!! But you know...it feels good!

It wasn't all work though. We did some fun stuff at the weekend...had friends round for dinner, did a bit of wandering round the shops, drank lots of lattes, went to see the ruins of Hailes Abbey and began to jet wash the patio....

I say began...it didn't have an auspicious start. After searching several shops I finally found and bought wellies, didn't try them on in the shop but should have twigged when I picked them out from beside Spiderman and Barbie wellingtons that they were kids ones! The foot size was okay-ish, but I have fatter calves than your average 10 year old...so I had to customise them to get them on! Then we dragged all the kit out the garage and I began to jetwash whilst Stephen ran inside to watch the Grand Prix (his domestic side does not extend to anything garden related!).

It was fine for the first section, but then I had to move the washer. At this point the hose connector flew off. I got wet. VERY wet. I tried to push it back on, but with the water flowing I had no chance. The next problem was that the outside tap wouldn't turn off... I was yelling on Stephen as I was totally soaked and didn't want to soak the kitchen with my tiny wellington'd feet!! He switched off the tap from the inside and I connected the hose to the washer again. He turned back on the water and...the hose flew off and I got soaked again! I cannot tell you how much under my breath (mostly!) swearing was going on at this point. I looked like I had stepped into a bath fully clothed!!

No comments: