Wednesday 9 April 2008

TGI Fridays...well not really!!

We had an interesting culinary experience tonight. We had to go an collect Stephen's sunglasses from the store at Tysons (the sunnies that were to replace the ones he lost to the fishes in the Caribbean at Christmas...). The traffic on the Beltway was a little heavy so we decided to have something to eat whilst we were round there.

We went to Friday's. We ordered buffalo chicken tenders as an appetizer. They came out. I cut into one. It was raw!!! Our server (or cast member as I believe they call them!) passed by at this point and did a check back. She looked horrified when I pointed out the rawness of the chicken and whisked everything back to the kitchen. I half-jokingly said to Stephen that we'd be eating the chicken tenders as dessert. I wasn't far wrong! We waited for about 20 minutes and our main courses came out...! Stephen pointed out to the guy who bought the food out that we hadn't had our appetizer, and the guy looked puzzled and asked "so you want your appetizers first?". D'uh!! That's why they're called appetizers...!! So Stephen sent the mains back to the kitchen...to sit under the hotplate for another 20 minutes while they cooked the tenders to a frazzle!! Just as well my Gordon Ramsey tendencies were under control tonight!! We all know what he would have to say about serving raw chicken!! The manager was in the kitchen sorting things out in order to make sure this didn't happen again. I think I can now add a chef to my list of restaurant staff I've inadvertently got fired.....

No comments: