Wednesday 2 June 2010

Burn 'em baby

We've decided to load all of our CD's onto an ipod to save a little shelf space...okay, quite a lot of shelf space! Aside from being a long, slow, mind-numbingly boring task it has provided a few surprises.

There are a lot of albums we'd forgotten we had, by a lot of artists we'd forgotten existed! Who knew we had so much obscure 90's music? Kula Shaker anyone?! Or Aleisha's Attic...you must remember them! The Lemonheads were maybe a little less obscure...and who'd have thought that we'd have two Moby CD's. I've found loads of 80's stuff I'd forgotten about too - Japan (David Sylvian was so...hot/beautiful/hot..?), Everything but the Girl, T'Pau, Terence Trent D'Arby... It has to be said that some of my more embarrassing 80's purchases are on vinyl (and I'm talking "Rick Astley embarrassing" here) for which I'm kinda grateful. I'm not sure I want to go back and listen to "Never gonna give you up"!

Its certainly a trip down memory lane! Who knows what we're going to find next!

No comments: