Monday 21 June 2010

Social butterflies...

Stephen came back from watching the football at Richard's on Friday with a whole load of invitations for the weekend. There was a lot of "My people will speak to your people"...

We went to Steve and Graham's for dinner on Saturday (slow cooked Moroccan lamb - DELICIOUS!) and got to have a serious play with his iPad. What a cool thing it is!! Hours were spent proving that I am pathetically crap at games on this format as well as Wii and PS3! Despite the fact that everyone else was tiddly and I was stone cold sober I still managed to display the reflexes of a sloth and a lack of coordination that should make me afraid of leaving the house for fear of what may happen to me, but does perhaps explain why I'm always covered in bruises! I did gain some revenge for this on-going, multi-platform humiliation though....I introduced them to Bubble Bang, the Worlds most addicitive game. I will play this until my iPod battery goes flat. Once you pop - you can't stop!

I also need to check what fragrance my shower gel is. I could have sworn it was Rose and Geranium, but given Bournville's reaction it was Pedigree Chum!! I obviously tasted good!! He was licking my hands, arms and ankles any chance he got!

We spent Sunday in the garden after a rush round to the grocery store first thing. I was flicking through something I'd recorded when I saw an advert for half price Champagne which caused me to frantically rewind and then grab Stephen and run for the car. We got Taittenger for GBP 16 per bottle. Actually slightly less as you also got a 10% additional discount if you bought 4 bottles... Bargain!! I am looking forward to the night when I'm actually able to drink some of it!!

On Sunday evening we went to Richard & Justine's for Movie Night. We got a Chinese take out and settled down to watch the Star Trek movie on Blu-ray. Or half the Star Trek movie as we'd got the timings a bit wrong and it was getting really late! Stephen is on holiday this week, but I had to go to work and I can't stay up too late on a school night. Not to mention the kids of course, who really were up late on a school night!!!

No comments: