Wednesday 12 May 2010

No pedi pampering for me

I was in such a good mood yesterday morning, and it vanished so very quickly...

I had booked a pre-holiday pedicure at the gym in work which is now offering treatments one day a week. I duly turned up 5 minutes before my appointment and gave my name to the beautician, only to be met with a dirty look, a pointed stare at the watch and a bit of attitude.

"Gosh, I'm really sorry. I'm a few minutes early. Is that okay?"
"Your appointment was at 11am, so you're actually late. I've got someone else coming in now, so I can't take you today."

Now, this is me we're talking about. I do not get things like the time wrong. Its all about the details after all. I also have something of the Mr Darcy about me, in that once my good opinion is gone its very difficult to get it back. Needless to say I was not happy! Not with the fact that some dumbwit had put my appointment in the book incorrectly, but by the snotty attitude of someone who was young enough to be my daughter (OMG! Scary thought!). Plus, this was a pre-holiday pedicure. This meant that this was something else I was going to have to do in the precious few nights before heading off, along with deciding what to take, packing, colouring my hair, cleaning the kitchen floor, manicure, removal of all excess hair...well its a long pre-holiday list! The grumpiness descended....

I got an email confirming an appointment for a couple of weeks time and mentioning the "confusion"....so I was compelled to write back attaching the email stating my appointment was at 12, and also to suggest that if someone doesn't turn up she may want to phone them as I would have been able to make the 11am appointment if I'd known she was expecting me.... As I said...I was grumpy!! I may have to cancel the appointment now in case she tries to amputate my toes in revenge...!

No comments: