Wednesday 12 May 2010

Your teeth are fine, but...

I've been in pain for a couple of weeks. I put this down to clenching my jaw (which I know I do), but a trip to the dentist on Monday revealed an additional factor. I've got an infection and I'm now on antibiotics (the kind where you absolutely cannot even sniff alcohol for fear of projectile vomiting and falling down in a dead faint). What fun...!

In an attempt to be kind to my gums I stopped off at Boots and bought Corsodyl toothpaste and mouthwash. Oh. My. God. It is DISGUSTING! This stuff better be doing good, I tell you... The mouthwash is inoffensive, but the toothpaste....eugh! For a start it is a pinky-orangey colour which is just plain wrong... but add to that the fact that it contains mineral salts, thyme, peppermint, myhrr and other substances and its like brushing your teeth with salty toilet descaler. I nearly threw up the first time I used it! It does actually say on the packet that it may take a few weeks to get used to the distinctive taste.... Weeks? I'm supposed to persevere for weeks?? My gums better appreciate this!!!!

No comments: