Friday 7 December 2007

Winter wonderland!

It was particularly cold overnight last night. My clever thermometer was telling me it was minus 6.4C when I got up at 6:15 this morning....and that was inside the bedroom!! My teeth were chattering so much when I got out of the shower I had to dive back into the cozy cocoon of the bed to warm up a little. Even with warm cozy slippers my feet were like ice!!

There was a lot of black ice around on the side streets, so my Knight in Shining Armour (KISA) came to my rescue again. Perhaps we have the driving style in snow and ice wrong in the UK...apparently slowing down is bad!


The winter wonderland from the bedroom balcony...

The woodland at the rear of the house. Gorgeous!


How very festive!!

Do you remember when Stephen was in San Diego a couple of months ago with Simon, and I said it was like sending Stan and Ollie off on travel together? Well it seems like Stan can get into scrapes in San Diego without Ollie being there (although he was on the phone to Ollie at the time...)! Stephen gave the ticket for his car to the valet parking guy at the hotel this morning. They brought up two white cars together, and whilst Stephen was on the phone to Simon, some other guy took the keys to Stephen's rental car from the valet and drove off!! After a few frantic phone calls to the rental company, and the company lawyer for advice, the hotel agreed to pay to rent Stephen another car today. The other guy is still checked into the hotel, so everyone is now patiently waiting for him to come back so they can point out his mistake!!! You might think that he would have noticed that it wasn't his car by now!! But I suppose one white rental car seems much like another....

No comments: