Thursday 24 January 2008

Yummy, yummy, yummy, I want bread in my tummy

I dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morning, and into work. It was kind of tough being awake during daylight hours, but I survived! I was getting bored at home. When I wasn't sleeping I was reading, and I had finished all the books I had still to read...and some of these were more challenging that my enfeebled brain was truly up for!! I must buy some "In case of emergency, break glass" trash...sometimes only Jilly will do!!

I was catching up with e-mails and phone calls today...Helen had sent me the most hilarious video clip I had seen in ages! The office now think I'm totally (as opposed to just slightly) nuts as I was sitting with shoulders shaking and tears streaming...and congested piggy snorts of laughter (which I was trying so hard to suppress) erupting from me!! I also spoke to my lovely former boss (Hi Andy!) and we had a bit of a catch up and good old gossip.

I'm now sitting in front of roaring fire, having feasted on baked potato and cheese prepared in gourmet fashion by the Gordon Ramsay* of Lee St. (*Gordon Ramsay in that he's Scottish and swears a lot....). I have been really craving nursery food for the past few days...the only problem being that you can't get it here easily...or at all!! My "sick food" of choice is Heinz cream of chicken soup....nope! You can get Tomato, which is a good second, but not chicken. I wanted Digestive biscuits too (I'm a secret dunker when I'm ill), bu I haven't seen those in the shops here for ages! I won't even get onto how much I wanted mum's patented "curly fish".... Finally my tummy demanded something I could actually get!! I wanted bread and proper butter. I begged (demanded) Stephen to stop at Balducci's in order to get Lurpak. This was definitely one of those moments when ONLY Lurpak would do!!

Gordon - sorry - Stephen is out with the Paul's again this evening. So I'm going to settle down in front of the fire with a book. D'Oh! That's right! I've read them all! There's a trip to Barnes & Noble coming on....

No comments: