Monday 17 August 2009

Problem solved!

Stephen and I have been swithering for weeks about what to do for my upcoming birthday. Its one of those birthdays where you either run away and hide somewhere until its all over, or you throw an enormous party and remain drunk for a week.... yes, that's right...I'm going to be 30 in a few weeks! (My nose is now growing like Pinocchio!!).

Being a run away and hide kind of person I was searching all the travel websites for great deals to exotic climes and found an absolutely fab deal for a week in Barbados at The House. I'm so happy!! We stayed there a few years ago when the hotel we'd booked had screwed up - so we got a free upgrade. You get your own personal Ambassador (who are all lovely) to take care of all your needs - drinks, restaurant reservations etc and it has a rather special ambiance - more like staying in a private villa than a hotel. I was having such a wonderful time I cried when we left!! So you can imagine that I was very, very happy when I saw the great price flick up onto the results box! Especially as I'd checked the Virgin website and it was considerably more expensive as there was only Upper Class flights available for the return....which did make me wonder how the other company would get us back on the self-same Virgin flight! But it let us book and the flights are confirmed so its their problem....I'll happily sit in the front of the plane if they ask me to!!!!

And, if that wasn't enough on the fantastic vacation bargains front - we'll be doing our Christmas shopping in New York this year! And eating our Christmas dinner there too....! A few days freezing in NYC sounds brilliant to me! I'll just have to buy lots of clothing layers to keep warm when I'm there!!

No comments: