Sunday 9 August 2009

Summer is back - but for how long?

Summer is back!! YAY! It has not rained for 3 days now - which is amazing considering it was miserable and rained every day for most of July.

After a day in the garden hacking back the shrubs by the gate (so I could exit without getting soaked by the leaves when it rains - which is most of the time!) I had sore arms from wielding the loppers, scratches from the nasty thorny thing I didn't know was in there and a rash from the sap. After I had done all the hard work (it is "my" garden as Stephen keeps telling me!)Stephen called the guy from next door and the pair of them loaded the cuttings into his van and took them off to their family Christmas Tree farm to go onto the bonfire.

After a day spent playing with photoshop and doing sudoku whilst watching me do hard physical labour, Stephen offered to grill dinner. Just as well really as I'd have brained him if he'd asked me to make it!! We popped round to Sainsbury's for some groceries and to check whether they still had their bargain prices on Veuve Cliquot champagne, which they didn't - tres disappointing.

We had a really nice evening drinking fizz, eating grilled steak and listening to my ipod by candlelight. We even had a little dance to Beyonce's version of "At Last" before retreating inside for warmth - although I think we're lacking the moves that the Obama's had on Inauguration Day!

No comments: