Monday 21 May 2007

Mild panic sets in...

Well, it was back to work this morning - and it was a busy day! Trying to juggle moving continents and working full time can be challenging, so I'm planning to take some time off next week. I was going to split the time off over this week and next, but this plan was changed after a phone call with the moving company who are coming to ship our stuff to the US. They are now coming to "pack and load" on Saturday rather than at the end of the week...which means I get a couple of more days of mild panic that I'm taking too much/not enough/the wrong stuff... The great news is that they told me that it takes nearer 4 weeks for our surface freight to arrive, which is better than the nearly 6 weeks I had been told. This means that our furniture will arrive at about the same time as we do!

Stephen has decided that he needs to get a new passport as his is looking rather tatty...bless him for deciding this NOW and not a few weeks ago!! We need to get this done before we can visit the Embassy for our interview, so he rushed off to get forms and photos today and has an appointment at the passport office in London on Thursday. Annoyingly his passport photo looks rather good - mine makes me look like an extra from some bad zombie horror film!!

No comments: