Thursday 31 May 2007

Still feeling sorry for myself!

Here we are a week on from the onset of my lurgy...and I'm still feeling a bit less than special. I've been on leave this week, originally to give me time to get on with "stuff", but I'm not getting as much done as I'd hoped...mostly because I can only do about 10 minutes of activity then I have to sit down and get my breath back/cough up a lung. Still...I'm getting there...just v..e..r..y... s..l..o..w..l..y!!

I had my final haircut with my lovely hairdresser, Dave, yesterday. It has taken me years to finally find someone here who can cut my hair beautifully...and now I'm leaving him! What am I thinking?? Who is more important here...my husband or my hairdresser?? Luckily for him I've decided my husband, but it was a close run thing I can tell you!!! I'm wondering whether it's possible to do a Posh and fly Dave out whenever I need a trim....

Stephen managed to get a laptop set up and running on our WiFi network for Mum, so she'll be able to logon, e-mail and Skype when she's here. There was a little weeny bit of swearing when he was trying to set up the printer drivers, but I applied beer and it seemed to make it better!

We're still getting used to our rather sparse looking house. It's a bit like camping! We're sleeping in the spare room, but have cases of clothes spread over the floor of the master bedroom, and piles of cosmetics in the bathroom/spare room/master bedroom (it takes a lot to look this good you know!). Downstairs we've shipped the sofa from the sitting room, so have replaced it with the bed settee from the day room. It's a lot smaller and, quite frankly, less comfortable, but we're coping. Might go and treat myself to a beanbag at the weekend as I think I need something squishy to sit my butt on!

No comments: