Sunday 7 October 2007

Another drink?

As it turned out we didn't managed to hook up with Hils and Paul on Saturday night. Their son came over for dinner and they didn't manage to make it out. Not that that curtailed our partying though!! We had dinner sitting on an outside table on King Street, went to Pops for a wee ice cream and then we hit O'Connells for a couple of drinks...well a couple of drinks was the plan anyway! We go there often enough that we get good service on the drinks front (a glass of wine isn't so much a glass as a bucket!) and I'd taken a big group of people there for dinner a couple of weeks ago, so we were about halfway through our 2nd round when the barmaid leaned over the bar with more drinks, going "here, take these, on us". Well we're not going to turn down free booze (we are after all Scottish!), but by the time I'd drunk my third post-dinner bucket of wine I was pretty relaxed...as a newt!!

I was pretty tired on Sunday (as I was dragged from bed at about 7:30) but I soldiered on! We did yet more shopping (Michaels for frames, silk flowers and other decorative stuff, and Bed, Bath & Beyond for some practical stuff - a big saucepan, kitchen utensils etc), then we popped into 5 Guys for burger and a sack-full of fries...MmmmmmMmmmmmm! We decided that we need to eat in occasionally now, so I cooked a vast pot of chili and a vat of bolognese sauce for the freezer. I need to try and find oxo cubes as there was a slight lack of beefy taste to the chili...it was pretty tasty otherwise, so I'm sure that we'll get used to oxo-less cooking!! It's strange the things that you can't find here - like oxo - and yet you are offered a choice of about 10 varieties of Philadelphia cream cheese!

No comments: