Wednesday 10 October 2007

Gordon Ramsay has nothing on me!!

I think I can totally give Gordon Ramsay a run for his money! Both in the cooking stakes and (as my sous chef will testify) in the shouting, swearing and abusing people stakes!!!

I have made the curry base sauce. (2 1/2 hours yesterday). I have cooked the chicken in a special blend of oil, spices and sauce (1/2 hour today). I have combined both of the above, added some other ingredients and made a chicken Madras (1/2 hour today). So 3 1/2 hours over 2 days to make a curry.....but by 'eck it was worth it!!!!

It was a long (see above) and complicated process, which took place in a tiny kitchen...and Stephen was not doing well at keeping up with my requests to clear things out the way, give me things, find me ingredients....! As I was juggling multiple pans, ingredients and a new recipe he's probably lucky to get off as lightly as he did!!!

The stress levels peaked when I began to blend the base sauce. It was the first time I had used the new blender and I was taken by surprise by the force of the liquid hitting the lid. Thankfully I had a hand on the top...but even so I still got a liberal spraying of garlic, ginger and onion sauce over my top and the counter. But thanks to the precautionary hand and the reflexes of a cat I managed to avoid totally redecorating the kitchen with it!!

The end result was pretty scrummy! It tasted pretty much like Indian Restaurant Madras...its just that in an Indian restaurant I would get to drink Cobra whilst someone else does the hard work!! I have extra base sauce left, so I'll freeze it and that'll save a couple of hours next time!

No comments: