Thursday 18 October 2007

Someone is in LA LA land!!

Stephen flew out to LA with Simon (the chap from the UK) yesterday, so I was left all alone last night. I spent the entire evening catching up with Dancing with the Stars. I had last weeks AND this weeks to watch, so there was a whole heap of sequins and marabou feathers going on!! It was a 4 hour marathon (cut down because I could fast forward through the thousands of adverts) and by the end I was ready to hit the floor...which was a shame as I had to hit bed instead. I couldn't get to sleep - probably overstimulated by all the lurex, diamante, heaving chests and fake tanner!! Worse still I woke at 4:30 in the morning...so a few people in the UK got a surprise when I began replying to their e-mails! I managed to doze off - just before the alarm went off, so I was not in the most chirpy frame of mind first thing this morning!!

It seems that Stephen and Simon had an interesting morning...they had an appointment in LA and Simon put the wrong address into Multimap...taking them to 1000 Wilshire Blvd. Stephen said he knew he was in trouble when it cost them $6 to valet park the car! He was joking (or I hope he was!) that the guy said "Hey, you guys got a gun? No? Do you want one? You'll need it..."! Anyway, it seems that 1000 Wilshire is some kind of hole in the wall Chinese take-out, and the guy pointed out their mistake.... They managed to get the car back before it was stolen or they were shot and began the long 13 mile drive back umpteen blocks to get to 11000 Wilshire....which was a short drive from the hotel they had been staying in!! Of course, they had driven the 13 miles to 1000 Wilshire during peak rush hour in LA (which is even worse than DC peak rush hour!) and were running really late for their appointment....

Of course, all this had nothing to do with the fact that they had been out the night before! When I phoned Stephen last night he was in Hooters - or at least that was what he was admitting to...I suppose it is possible that marabou feathers, sequins, heaving chests and fake tanner also played a part in his evenings amusement!! They were heading down to San Diego this afternoon, hopefully without incident!!

No comments: