Friday 22 February 2008

Snow's a falling...

I've packed away my shorts and t-shirts for another few days. It snowed yesterday and we are expecting bad weather tonight. Around 2-3 inches of snow is due to fall overnight, followed by freezing rain until around late afternoon. What a fantastic combination that sounds, doesn't it? There is a winter storm warning, and we've been told to expect potential traffic chaos and power outages!!! Actually power outages are quite common in weather - it doesn't have to be extreme! Sun, wind, rain, snow...all have the potential to knock the power off. Something to do with all the overhead power cables.

I came home from work prepared to work from home (sorry - I mean telecommute) tomorrow. Our office follows the Federal government office openings, so if they say their offices are on a delayed start or are closed, so is ours. There is a text alert service, so I'll know pretty early on what the situation is. At the last minute (thanks to the potential weather chaos) I was also running around trying to get stuff together for my trip to the UK next week. That's right - I'm coming back for a week! I'm looking forward to seeing you all...and maybe having a nice bacon butty and a curry or two!!

No comments: