Thursday 12 June 2008

Not in the mooo-d for work

I think we're going to have to name Wednesday's Silly Wednesday's from now on. Last week we were wetting ourselves over the pongy plant, and this week we were in uproar over a competition to fire a toy cow over as many cubicles as possible! The cow has rubber bands for front legs and makes a mooing sound when you fire it (like a catapult), and the competition between Dawn and Paul was to get it as far as possible, over as many cubes as possible. The first few attempts made it over one cube (mine!), eventually they were hitting the far wall of the end cube employing various creative techniques. It was hilarious!! Chris picked it up and made to fire it back towards Paul and I immediately dived for cover under my desk. I knew that my head was in the danger zone!! I was right! Paul was in complete hysterics at the sight of me sitting cross-legged under my desk.

After all the fun no-one was really in the mood for work, so we actually knocked off at 5:15 (only a short 10 hour day today!!). I got home after sitting in hideous traffic (which is why I don't leave at 5pm usually!) to a nice surprise. The gardener that I had asked to clear the ground cover plants in the front garden had come a day early and was nearly finished. It looks so much neater now - it had got a little shaggy! He was a really nice man and only wanted $65 to do the job (although that's not what I paid him). He seemed really touched when I brought him out a bottle of water, and he left saying he liked my attitude....which was lovely, but did make me wonder how other people treat him...

No comments: