Sunday 16 November 2008

Buffed and polished

We had a rather fun night in the weekend office on Friday! There were UK folks over, so we met up with them, POQI and Andy and Marie. The band were great! I was dragged up to dance, so I even got to shake my booty which I haven't done for a long while!! My head was slightly fragile the following morning though!! Obviously powers of recovery reduce greatly when you're over 25 and when you're breathing down the neck of 40 they are almost non-existent!!

I had an appointment to get my nails done at 11am so I walked along as fresh air is a great healer. I was pretty thrown when I got to the salon and announced I was here for my appointment. "No you're not. Not in this salon." Ferck! I know I had booked a salon in N Lee St, so where the heck was it if it wasn't this one??? I didn't have the phone number so, panicking slightly, I carried on hoping I'd find it soon. It didn't take long thankfully - it was only a few doors away. I got a warm welcome and Linda (a really lovely Asian lady) set to work. I had a moment of fear when she pulled an implement that looked like a drill out of the drawer and plonked it on the table. In my weakened state I couldn't figure out what it was for and what she was going to do with it...I had pictures of her drilling tiny holes in my nails! Thankfully it was nothing more sinister than a rotating file!!

An hour and a half later I had a beautiful set of silk nail extensions, French manicured to perfection. The only thing is the tips are a lot thicker than my real nails so I'm having to get used to not being able to do things - like unfasten the strap of my watch - that I would normally take for granted. I am now reasonably buffed and polished ready for my UK trip.

Stephen picked me up after my appointment and we headed round to Tysons for lunch and shopping. The traffic was horrid! Parking was a nightmare! We were later than we normally are going round so perhaps that was the reason. That, and Christmas shopping of course! It seems to be in full swing...Christmas music and all!

No comments: