Wednesday 26 November 2008

The Party

One of the primary reasons for our trip was to go to Audrey's 60th birthday party. Or more technically her 60 1/4 birthday party as she kindly delayed having it to allow us to tie it to a trip home.

We prepared for it in different ways. Stephen went to the football with John and Ewan and shouted himself hoarse. I went for a lovely lunch with June, Jennifer and MinL June then planned to have a relaxing soak in the bath before getting ready. MinL June wasn't feeling too special so I left her snoozing whilst I went to soak. Perhaps as she wasn't well it slipped her mind to mention that I should put on the water heater, or perhaps the water just hit the air and froze, but whatever way there was about 3 inches of lukewarm water in the bath, only cold stuff in the taps and shampoo in my hair. It certainly got the circulation going anyway!!

It was lovely to see all the family together. I can't remember the last time! I was beginning to feel old when I realised that all the kids I last saw when they were knee high were now grown ups!! All the girls had made a huge effort to dress up and there was a fine parade of party dresses on show. Its been a couple of years since I last saw Adele and Ewan and I couldn't believe the leggy lovely who walked in was her! Quite a shock! Jen and Leanne looked gorgeous too! It was great to have a natter with everyone and catch up.


All of the cousins together
l-r: John, Douglas, Jim, Miriam, Alex, June, Linda, Jim and Stephen

The very excellent band

The three wives of Spark
l-r: Me, June and Lorraine



Kissing cousins! Ewan not appreciating getting smackers from Jen and Leanne



The birthday girl!
Audrey on the right with June and Linda
(there are a lot of June's in the family so try and keep up!)



The brothers Spark
l-r: John, Stephen and Douglas



Lorraine, Adele, Ewan and Douglas



Me with MinL June


Posing!!
Leanne, Amy and Jennifer

No comments: