Saturday 7 March 2009

Sunset at Monument Valley

In search of the pefect sunset shot we jumped in the car tonight and drove about 10 miles away from Monument Valley. The things we do! Standing by the side of the road, freezing our fingers off....and in the end it wasn't even a really spectacular sunset. We'd been hoping (as we always do!) for a really rich orange/red sky, but our hopes were dashed.


Okay, so it looks pretty good even it we didn't get the depth of colour we were hoping for!


When we got back we headed for dinner. We have been dry for the past two nights as they don't sell alcohol on Navajo lands. D'oh! If I'd known I'd have come prepared!! My ears pricked up tonight when a lady along the way was asking her friend in for Happy Hour. She had hooch!! I was debating whether we could gatecrash, but had nothing to bring to the party as we'd eaten the Mini Eggs for breakfast...
We're also two days without Starbucks. We'd better pass one tomorrow or Stephen and I will be killing one another in the car!! I think caffeine withdrawal will be pretty severe by tomorrow!!!

No comments: