Monday 15 March 2010

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why are our bodies so cruel to us? During the day my cold has abated enough that the only symptoms are an occasional tickly cough and a sneeze once in a while. At night however, its is a different story....

As soon as I lay my head down to sleep my nasal passages fill with snot the consistency of UHU glue which makes it damn near impossible to blow. It also makes it impossible to breath through my nose, which means I'm breathing through my mouth. God only knows how Stephen is managing to sleep through what must be deafening snoring! This also means that I'm waking up with a raging thirst, dry throat and a cough. And I'm waking up a lot! I could swear I was more awake than asleep last night! And the dreams...constant and suitably weird.

Consequently I look every one of my 50 years today. What do you mean I'm only 40?? Time for drastic measures! Tonight I've got decongestant, cough medicine and nasal strips. I'm taking a hot bath, drinking some cocoa and praying for 8 hours solid sleep!! I need every second of beauty sleep I can get!

No comments: