Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bio Hazard

Hilarious sight of the week....

Walking down the corridor of our office building yesterday I was forced to do a double take at the sight of the gents toilet door blocked off by black and yellow hazard tape. All I can guess is that someones Monday morning coffee had an extreme effect and there was an unfortunate plumber in there in a bio-suit with a plunger...

It made me very happy that my days of working in Operations are behind me. It used to be me they'd all flock to to report that the urinals were blocked (how...?) or that they were suffering "splash back" onto their trousers (yes, really....). I couldn't work out if that was boasting or not! Was it such that they had to stand very, very close, or was it such a hose that they couldn't control it under full flow? It kept us in hysterics for a good few days though. I even poured pints of water down a colleagues throat and asked him to try and recreate the problem... It would seem that splash back problem was mainly due to aim, so we did wonder if painting a target on the porcelain and footprints on the floor would help those unable to work it out for themselves!

No comments: