Saturday 17 July 2010

Take a letter Mrs Spark

Thursday was "meet your old boss day" for me. Aside from spending some time with all of the 3 who work at site and I see regularly, I also got to have lunch with Tofty, whom I hadn't seen in the best part of 2 years what with him leaving and me coming back. He hasn't changed a bit and it was wonderful to see him and catch up.

Then mid-afternoon I got a call from Steve suggesting dinner at the Anupam. It was a brilliant suggestion as Stephen and I had just been saying we hadn't been for ages. It was delicious! We had a good laugh and did our bit to cheer up Graham who'd got a speeding ticket that morning and was rather put out. We got outside and sent our partners off to fetch the cars in the pouring rain whilst Steve and I huddled together in the Anupam alley for warmth. I was very glad to have someone 6' 5" to hide behind as it was blowing a blooming gale and there was sideways rain. He literally put his body between me and the weather. What a star!

No comments: