Friday 16 July 2010

Busy little bee

What a freaking day!!

On top of having to nail jello to the wall and get all the right approvals and paperwork in place for the Farnborough Airshow which begins next week, and involved checking lists and schedules which are literally changing by the minute, I also had to get everything sorted out for the Family Day Arts & Photographic competition.

The combination of the jello nailing and the competition nearly drove me nuts. There was nearly Sudden Onset Tourettes going on!! I was trying to get a key for a room where I could lock peoples art work, but could I get the estates woman to actually get me it? No, I could not. I was having real problems getting her to understand that some of these pieces were the result of months of painstaking work and were valuable, both in monetary as well as sentimental value, had been entrusted to my care and couldn't be left lying about in case they get damaged. Getting nicked isn't so much of an issue, but damage is possible.

After (only) 4 phone calls, voicemails and messages (I was trying to be reasonable as they were busy too!) I finally got through...and it made me mad! There was a deep very audible sigh as the phone was answered and a weary "hello Kerry". For gods sake, I know you're having a bad day, but aren't we all and if you'd taken 2 minutes to get me the freaking key when I asked for it at 9.30 I wouldn't be phoning....as it was I spent a lot of the day fielding phone calls from people wanting to deliver large paintings, but I don't think I sighed.....

I never got the key for the store room. I eventually (as people wanted to leave for the weekend) had to pack up and go and sit in the room so people could drop off their stuff. Then when I finally got into the room for the exhibition at 5pm I had to begin set up. Thankfully Phil the superstar helped out with rearranging the furniture and even popped back later to make sure I was okay as I had seemed glum. I was glum - that was pretty perceptive for a bloke!!!

No comments: