Tuesday 6 July 2010

Catch up

Geesh! It has been so long since I posted that I'm not sure where to begin...


Well, firstly the tooth/gum thing has gone. No more antibiotics for me for a while. Hopefully. And I finally got to sample the champagne - YAY! I don't drink a lot really, but towards the end of the weeks of medicines I REALLY wanted a glass of wine!! One major downside of the medication (aside from the constant nausea) was the effect it had on my skin and hair. Despite drinking gallons of water a day I seemed to be dehydrated. My normally oily skin is dry and my hair isn't its usual shiny self. I had a facial on Saturday and Zena glooped on a huge layer of intense hydrating cream that absorbs where you need it and sits on top of your skin where you don't. It went. Every single drop was sucked up by my thirsty skin.

The upside of the meds (and the constant nausea) was the weight loss. But even this had its downside.... I was walking back from the canteen last week, phone and purse in one hand and salad box in the other when I felt some slippage from one hip. Two steps later (and only halfway to the building) my knickers dropped and were half way to my knees. Thank God I was wearing trousers!!!!!!! People must have looked at my panic stricken face and rapid shuffling and wondered what the heck was up...little did they know that it was what was coming down that was bothering me!


We've also spent a lot of time watching sport. We had a BBQ for the England game and watched them crash out of the World Cup. Or rather the guys watched the game and the girls listened to the guys shouting abuse at the TV. We also watched the epic 3 DAY tennis match at Wimbledon. We actually only watched the final set...but due to the rule that it can't be decided by a tie-break, the final set went to something like 70 games to 68 games and took 2 days to play!!


We're still watching the World Cup....how many more days??? Please - I cannot take much more shouting at the TV. I really think that we should just have the psychic octopus predict the results and forget about actually playing the games. Its got them all right so far...

No comments: