Saturday 31 July 2010

Tippy tappy, clappy, stompy

We're doing culture once again this weekend. As we didn't have any particular plans for Friday night I took a peek at the Malvern Theatres website and discovered that Strictly Tap Dance Fever was on, and there were loads of tickets available. It maybe wouldn't have been my very first choice for things to see, but as standby tickets are very affordable - why not? We got Row C seats for a tenner! Stephen was not overwhelmed by the thought of watching tap dancing, it had to be said, but he was placated by the offer of going to see The Stones on Saturday.

As it turned out, I think he maybe enjoyed it more than me!! The first half was more traditional Busby Berkeley type of tapping - musical numbers like 42nd Street (sung by a very leggy blonde and a Ben Stiller lookalike). I had to stifle hysterical laughter during "Putting on the Ritz". Damn you Gene Wilder and Young Frankenstein!!

The second half of the show was best. It was more like Stomp and you could tell the cast were enjoying it more. There was a real connection with the audience (all 20 of us). It was a really enjoyable show.

After a bit of running around this morning, we decided to go see Toy Story in 3D. It was good! All the things you expect! I loved Spanish mode!! And very poignant too...just as well I had the dark glasses on so no-one could see the welling up that was going on!!!

The Stones tonight - better get out my dancing shoes!

No comments: