Saturday 17 July 2010

Family Fun Day

It was a sleepless night last night. I kept waking up with visions of one of the large framed pieces having fallen over and there being artistic carnage all over the floor.

We were in work for 9am and I was very relieved to see everything intact! I had another few entries to the over 16's photographic competition which was great. There was a really good display. Of course, people had trouble moving past Phil's fantastic poster sized shot of Antelope Canyon, so we had no chance really!! It was stunning, so it's no surprise it won. It's game on for next year!!

Kate won the arts section with her beautiful cross-stitch, but competition was fierce here too. People were blown away with everything that was contributed.

I had one very precious parent who complained there wasn't an under 5's section. After several interactions with him I was left wondering how he had managed to find a woman to procreate with; reminded that genius is close to madness and we have lots of geniuses on site; and wishing I could stick his poster tube where his pole usually goes...

No comments: