Sunday 9 September 2007

The Husband Has Landed

I had a pretty easy day! I had a lie in (til 8am - wow!) and then decided that I should scrub the shower before I used it (I don't know - it made sense to me at the time!)...so I was there in my jimjams scrubbing away at the tiles for 15 minutes (its a big shower!) before I had really woken up!! Sleep cleaning (or half-asleep cleaning) is great - you're finished it before you realise what you're doing! The rest of the house has also had a good hoover and dust and is back to "Showroom shine" conditions....which is as well, cos we've had our first UK visitor to the house! Graeme is over to give a demo of equipment this week and flew in on the flight just before Stephen, so Stephen grabbed a lift back with him and dragged Graeme in to say a brief hello and give him a tour of the house (we've both worked with Graeme for years). Stephen was quite fresh after his flight as he had managed to wangle an upgrade to Upper Class - lucky so-and-so!

As Stephen wasn't dropping to the ground with exhaustion we walked down to King Street for dinner. Which, you will be relieved to know, we managed to have without the company of the Phantom Pizza Flinger!! AND I managed to get a glass of "water" without having to resort to strangulating my accent! (or perhaps I'm so used to strangulating my accent that I've not noticed I'm doing it now.....)

There was an Art Fair taking place, so King St was pedestrianised and there were little stalls selling art work, photographs, sculpture, glass work...I think it was produced by art students and their lecturers, and was amazing. A lot of it was closing down when we got there so we're going back this morning for a proper look around. We were just beginning to walk home last night when there was a bright light and a big bang - they had advertised a fireworks concert to celebrate "the end of the Arts Festival" but hadn't put a date on the ad saying when it was. As the festival finished Sunday I had assumed that that was when the fireworks would be (although I thought it strange to have a concert and fireworks on a Sunday). It seemed I assumed wrong!! At least we had only gone a couple of blocks so we were able to rush back to see them. And they were worth rushing back for! They were "Awesome"!

No comments: