Sunday 16 September 2007

Smiles

Well the samosas were a success! I don't have scales yet, so I had to kind of guess the quantities for some of the larger ingredients (like the potatoes), so the filling would actually have made around 30 samosas - but I ran out of melted butter (and time!) so I had to make do with less. I left Stephen with the simple task of taking them out of the oven whilst I went and had a shower and got ready....he was maybe a few minutes late taking them out!

The rest are in the freezer

Paul cooks a pretty excellent curry! It was great to eat something with a bit of a kick to it. Hats off to the chef.

We finally managed to order another laptop today (hurrah!). No more arguing over who's turn it is to use it! We got to the "*!$£ it" stage where we couldn't be bothered trawling round 20 stores again so went to Dell and placed an order. Easy, peasy - why didn't we do that 2 weeks ago?!

We bought the laptop at the Pentagon City mall, so after wandering about for a bit, buying some make-up, having an iced tea etc we headed back to the car, via the payment machine for the car parking. It came to $1.50 so I tried to feed in a $5 bill...it spit it back out...damn it, nothing smaller so I fed in a $10 bill. It liked that...but then spit out $8.50 in quarters as change! My purse is now bulging, and Stephen was laughing hysterically! Thank God I didn't feed in the $20 I had!

Work was not all doom last week! We did have a few minutes (about 7 actually) of relief... Jacqui is leaving us in a few weeks to head back to the UK, so we thought we needed a photo of the BD girlie posse. We grabbed our resident Mario Testino (aka Stephen) from his office and at his insistence, headed downstairs for our photoshoot. Alyssa is really funny, really quick...there was a group of guys walking past staring...and she was "Hey, we're shooting a calendar. We're June". We dissolved into laughter - caught by Mario....

The BD girlie posse... L-R Tanner, Jacqui, Alyssa and me!

The secret revealed - how I manged to be the same height as the leggy lovelies!

No comments: