Tuesday 11 September 2007

Would you credit it?

We finally have a US credit card!! Yippeeeeee! We had applied to our bank and to another card company where you become a member and you are pretty much guaranteed to get one!

When we went to the bank to apply we were chatting with the Asst. Manager and he said it was really unusual that people would be refused a card, but that we might not get a huge limit. So...it seems we are really unusual!! The bank turned Stephen down as he had no credit history here, and we hadn't had an account with them long enough. There is a bit of a chicken and egg situation here, because without a credit card, how do you build a credit history??? I am still waiting on my rejection letter...they phoned me to find out why I didn't have any credit history, so there is a minuscule chance that I may have been able to persuade them...it would be really funny if I got a card from the bank and he didn't!! Chevy Chase bank is a bit of a "local bank for local people" and don't deal well with "incomers"!! But the other card company have ridden to the rescue and I'm now able to do things like book holidays/flights/hotels....as well as hit the handbag shops!!

No comments: