Thursday 13 March 2008

Atishoo, atishoo

I was a little previous with my accusation of a hangover on Sunday. My little poppet has actually got the flu. He's a bit annoyed as he made it through the winter without getting it (when all about him were dropping like flies!), and now he gets it when we're in touching distance of Spring.

It being ManFlu it is potentially life-threatening and there has been a lot of mopping of fevered brows and making sympathy noises. He does seem to be on the mend a bit now. He's upright and ate pizza tonight, so I think we can say he's over the worst!! Although, he could just be on a high due to Rangers making it through to the next round of the UEFA cup...

It has been a bit quiet in work today. Not only am I missing my partner in crime and office-ex-husband, but my boss and the Ops Director were out today, as were quite a few of the BD team. You could tell management were out of the office...I looked up at about 5:30 and discovered that I was the only one in apart from the visitor sitting in the cube next to mine!! So, not only did I have the pleasure of switching on all the lights today, I also got to switch them all off!

It was fortunate it was quiet. Out of the blue this morning Alyssa called me to say she was in the area and did I want to meet up for coffee...which of course I did!! We had a good chinwag...I mean a REALLY good chinwag!! I was totally on a caffeine high when we'd done though as I'd only finished my early morning grande skinny latte when she called. Back to back lattes are not good for me!!

No comments: