Sunday 23 March 2008

Spring is in the air!

I forgot to mention the fabulous moon-rise going on on Friday night was we were walking round to Paul and Hils. Not having a tripod handy (its one thing I don't have in my handbag!) Stephen had to do his best to get a photo...it was a lovely thing to watch, and we were both surprised just how fast it shot into the sky!




Moon River....moonrise over the Potomac





We went out for a walk this afternoon. It was a gorgeous day for a walk - it really felt like Spring. There was even some blossom out... We just walked down to King Street and the surrounding streets. There were loads of people out doing the same. Its Easter Sunday today and there were a few kids in Easter dresses - very cute!

We came back and I made my first roast dinner in the USA! It went pretty well, once I had found a conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit in order to set the oven!! It was all pretty good - - except for the gravy which was rather tasteless!! I need to work on that really.....there wasn't a lot of pan juice and the old cheat when it goes a bit wonky (Bisto!) isn't available here. At one point it was looking like it was going to be "Gran Gravy"...my gran's gravy was legendary - you could practically serve it by the slice - but i managed to thin it down to a pourable consistency!!


The first of the blossom

A magnificent magnolia in front of a rather magnificent house on Lee St

Further along Lee St - a rather more modest abode (yet SO pretty)

North Lee in bloom


Note the jeans! Me in Market Square


Stephen down by the marina


No comments: