Thursday 27 March 2008

Road rage...

I nearly had car trouble this morning. The kind of car trouble that involves me getting out of my car and beating the driver of the other car with a shoe.... The traffic was heavy today driving to work. I was being very un-American and holding back at traffic lights (in traffic which was doing a slow crawl at best) in order not to block the junctions, and only moving forward when there was space ahead. The car behind me did not like this one little bit..oh no he did not!! I obviously should be as big an a$$ as he was and to hell with everyone else! He tooted. He made hand gestures. He cut up the driver in the lane next to me. He then cut me up in order to get in front of me. He brake tested me at every opportunity. He obviously can't lip read!!!

It was a real feat of discipline not to run straight over the top of his little car in my tank, and to keep my hands on the wheel as opposed to making "you have a tiny %$@#, you @$$hole" hand signals. I contented myself with a torrent of expletive. He picked the wrong morning to mess with the 5ft, feisty Scottish woman who hasn't slept properly in days and who was a little weeny bit grumpy...

The locals are so inconsiderate/thoughtless/dumb/clueless (delete as you feel appropriate - all can apply!!) when it comes to road sense, they think nothing of blocking a junction and jamming up the whole town in the resultant gridlock! The police actually have to have officers on the intersections at peak hours just to stop people doing that....

No comments: