Tuesday 25 March 2008

The Big Easy..

I'm just settling down to watch the new series of Dancing with the Stars (yes, I know the last series has only just finished...!). They have spray tanned these people to a shade of deep mahogany, dipped them in glue and rolled them in sequins! Totally over the top!! And I'm seriously worried about the structural integrity of Priscilla Presley's face lift...one spin too many and its all going to come untucked! She is 62 with the tight flawless skin of a 22 year old...one more lift and she'll have a beard...

Stephen has flown off to New Orleans (the Big Easy) this afternoon. He's off to visit with one of the QNA companies. I'm hoping he's going to come back able to pronounce New Orleans properly. We Brits (apparently) don't say it right - we put the emphasis in the wrong place...but I don't know what is correct now!! I need him to help out here... New ORleans, New OrLEans... oh, I don't know!!

1 comment:

Colin said...

A little remiss about my lack of communication skills with the outside world lately (you and I have a lot of catching up to do in the weeks since our inappropriate lunch date) but wanted to inform you of the correct Looziana pronunciation of New Orleans... phonetically it would be Nawlins.