Monday 21 July 2008

Its Hot Hot Hot!!

I know I hark on about the heat a fair bit...but can I just say that Sunday was REALLY hot! When you swung your arms when you walked you could actually feel them cutting through the air. The air felt thick. Breathing was like sucking air from the vent of a tumble drier. Not too lovely!

My retail therapy day wasn't very successful. I saw the perfect dress in Macy's...there were plenty on the rack...they were all a size 2. Unless anyone knows a way for me to lose half my bodyweight overnight then this dress was not for me. So, I didn't find a dress, but I did get some new light and loose summer clothes. This does mean that I need to wear a suit in the heat of a DC summer. In fact, I need to go and look out the outfit tonight in readiness as we're going to Wolf Trap tomorrow for a Mark Knopfler concert.

I also bought a new moisturiser and used it this morning. I gave it one pump of the dispenser and it spurted out enough to moisturise my face, decolletage, arms, legs....I was rubbing this stuff everywhere! I now have elbows which are defying the signs of aging!!

No comments: