Saturday 6 February 2010

Slideshow

God! I've become a terrible correspondent, haven't I? I'm blaming the weather and work! I get my hibernation hat on in winter and once I finish work (which can be late given the hopelessness of some of the UK folks and the fact I deal with North America) I just want to eat, sit on the sofa for a bit, watch some TV and then sleep...a lot! It was quite funny last night. We had been for a lovely dinner in the Fig Tree and had come back home and begun to sort through our photos of Malta (more of that later!). I think it was about 10pm that I woke up and discovered that Stephen had moved on from Malta and was sorting New York!! He did say he thought I had gone very quiet, as I'm normally quite opinionated on the photo selection!



He bought Apple TV the other week which is turning out to be a good thing. As well as being able to download TV series like Lie to Me (LOVE it!), you can also synch it with your ipod, watch YouTube and download photos and watch a slide show. This has proved to be invaluable! Who needs a digital photo frame...we have one which is 42 inches and 1080i !

We sat down a few weeks ago and began sorting through our "American Years" photos with the intention of putting together a couple of albums. I had even bought a couple of albums in preparation - enough to hold 240 photos. After several nights of sorting I did a quick count...we were at 746 photos and still had our South West tour and several trips to NYC to go through! Instead, Stephen put them onto Apple TV and set the music playing and we sat down with a glass of wine to watch them. There was a lot of "where was that" and "look, do you remember..." an then the music kicked over to Walking in Memphis and I could feel the welling up begin! Making a note to listen to only upbeat, meaningless music when watching "our lovely life" click over on the screen! I am deleting Barber's Adagio for Strings from the ipod in case of accidental playing!!

No comments: