Saturday 24 May 2008

The biker invasion

I swear all I have done each evening this week is laundry!! I've done at least a load every night this week. Even my dryer is finding it hard going! It ate one of Stephen's shirts in a fit of pique tonight. It chewed a neat square off the bottom - I guess it was biting back after its exhausting week!!

All of the laundry was in aid of packing for going to St Croix in the US Virgin Islands tomorrow (yay!). I know - yet another exotic holiday!! No-one will be speaking to me at this rate!! I promise we're not going anywhere else for at least another few weeks!

It is Memorial Day weekend this weekend and Old Town has been invaded by bikers. Not as scary as it sounds as pretty much all of them seem to be aged between 50 and 70 and sporting incontinence pads as well as bandanna's!! They have pretty cool bikes though, even I had to admit that! There were around 30-odd bikes parked each side of just ONE block of King Street, each of them polished until it was absolutely gleaming. Lots of Harleys. Lots of custom-shop Choppers. Stephen keeps saying he wants one, but he wants the self-polishing kind!

No comments: