Sunday 13 September 2009

Mid-life crisis

In exactly 3 weeks time I'm going to be 40. "Hello. My name is Kerry and I'm going to be 40". Is this the first step to acceptance? Hmmmm..not sure!

I'm not normally worried by birthdays. I'm mentally 25 years old so the actual number never normally bothers me...until now! This one seems pretty momentous somehow. I'm feeling a little discombobulated at the moment I think! We were so busy when we got back from the US that I didn't really have a lot of time to dwell on things, but now I seem to be able to find time for a little "dwelling"...and its not good!!

I think I need to throw myself into getting the house the way we want it. Maybe a lick of paint and a change of curtains might help. We were looking back on photos of our lovely house in Old Town and commented on how much more "homey" it looked than our home here does at the moment! So...re-decorate (and stamp my mark on the place again), get over the 40th birthday wibble....sounds like a plan of action!

No comments: