Sunday 13 September 2009

The non-domestic goddess

I was at Julie's Pampered Chef party on Thursday - where I discovered that I'm not really much of a domestic goddess after all! Everyone seemed to be full of creative ideas to do with food, and I'm much more of a open a packet type of girl I think! I'm blaming my lack of free time. Work has been the usual "busy, busy" and can take me through into the evenings as the US kicks into top gear around the time I'm leaving the office. There were a few times last week where I was sorting out approvals at 9:30pm for rush meetings the next day. Ho hum.
Anyway, I had a little moment of hilarity...about half way through the party the demonstrator brought out a piece of equipment which she pulled into two pieces. One part was a plastic tube the other had a pump handle.... Have you seen the first Austin Powers movie? The part where he has been thawed and they're handing him back his personal effects which include the Swedish Maid Pump for enlarging... well you know what I mean!?! It looked like that...I was having to bite my lip in order to try and keep a straight face as I'm not sure that anyone else had a mind so obviously in the gutter as me! Perhaps there is a market opening for Pampered Chef meets Anne Summers....

Today's undomestic goddess disaster! My crumble sank and erupted!
NEVER try and cook after drinking champagne!!

No comments: