Sunday 20 September 2009

Spot on!

What is happening to me? I am now 2 weeks away from being 40 and I have the skin of a 14 year old. Not the beautiful, glowing, dewy skin of a 14 year old. NO! I have the acne-ridden skin of a 14 year old in the first flush of teenage hormones!! I have a rash of enormous plooks just under my jaw. I had a facial on Tuesday and she said spots there are caused by stress....so I need to stop freaking out about the 40 thing and stop stressing about work. The facial helped (not the spots - they're just as bad!) but it did help the stress levels! I was pretty relaxed when she'd finished the facial as it was primarily a neck, shoulder and scalp massage. So relaxed, in fact, that I dozed off when she left me for 10 minutes and woke with a snork....!!

I had to go to Boots yesterday and speak to the pharmacist to get some suitably strong spot cream. I was tempted to pretend that it was for my imaginary teenage daughter, but I came clean. "I have spots and need help!". She was very understanding! Thank goodness I didn't get the beautifully complexioned 18 year old....

No comments: