Sunday 13 September 2009

Pamper Day

I had a lovely pamper day yesterday. I got my hair dyed (SO overdue!) and trimmed, then I had a back and neck massage with the fantastic Zena. I have been having trouble with my neck being stiff and when Stephen had tried to give me a massage the week before he commented that I didn't have muscles, I had rocks....time to put myself in the hands of a professional!

After 20 minutes of massage Zena said she'd have to ease up as she was getting a strong reaction - my back was hot, red and inflamed. Any more and I'd really feel it the next day. She did say that she'd managed to get the boulders down to pebbles, but I'd need another session to finish the job as the tension was all along my shoulders and down my arms and she could tell that I was still holding a lot of tension....and to be fair although I had superficially relaxed during the session it wasn't a deep relaxation, even when I tried to relax through breathing techniques it didn't work as well as it should.

When I slithered off the bed after the massage, Zena looked at me and immediately handed me a tissue as I "might want to wipe my eyes". I looked in the mirror...ARGH! My eye makeup had melted all over my face. Just as well I'd had my white hair dealt with or I would have been doing a good impression of a badger! It took quite a lot of scrubbing to get it off - why would it not hold firm to my eyes when it stuck like glue to my cheeks? I was dispatched with instructions not to lift anything heavier than a champagne glass for the rest of the day...Hmmm, I could probably manage that!

No comments: