Saturday 10 October 2009

Corn and Oil

We had another superb meal the other night. The Ambassadors at The House have given some superb recommendations. They sent us to Cariba on Thursday. Its a Caribbean restaurant just down from The Cliff, run by the chef formerly at Sandy Lane (who was originally from Yorkshire!). The food was divine, the staff were great and the drinks were lovingly mixed from scratch. We had a superb rum punch and after dinner a rather good drink called Corn and Oil. I'm not sure what went into it apart from lime juice and lots of rum (of course!), but it slipped down a treat I can tell you!!

I did wake with a marginal hangover the next day, but not enough to dent my enthusiasm for the champagne breakfast!!

Breakfast here was a little chaotic this morning. Normally it runs like a well oiled machine. You sit, the Ambassador takes a note of whether you want tea/coffee/toast/champagne etc then you help yourself to fruit/cereal etc and order your eggs at the egg station whilst helping yourself to bacon etc. This morning they switched to doing a la carte eggs and it took 45 minutes for ours to appear from the kitchen, and I think we were the lucky ones!! Still, it has been the only hiccup so far....and aside from making Stephen a bit grumpy no harm was done!

I'm currently sitting on the lovely white sofas watching the sun set. David Bailey is off taking photos. Be warned anyone who asks to see the holiday photos. There are around 300 just of the setting sun.... Still I'm quite relaxed now. I just had my complimentary massage which was definitely a pleasure and pain thing! Sharon showed no mercy to my tightly knotted muscles. The deep breathing isn't for relaxation, more for pain relief!! It has done wonders though!

No comments: