Saturday 31 October 2009

Changing the clocks

We changed the clocks last weekend and I have to admit to being really fed up this week because of it. I absolutely hate that its dark at 5pm. Its quite depressing! Who wants to sit in work and watch it get dark? I really feel like winter is upon us (despite the fact that the weather has been unseasonably warm this week) and I think that's purely down to it getting dark early. It seems like we don't really see a lot of daylight at this time of year.

My body still seems to have clock-change jetlag too. I've been hungry early all week - I'm starving by 11:30am, so when lunchtime comes round I'm so far past hungry that my body doesn't seem to register that I've fed it (but that might also say something about the nutritional content of the canteen sandwiches!). One of my co-workers has a winter hibernation theory - long, dark nights means your body needs lots of food and lots of sleep. Judging on my experience I'd say he's got that right! Now....where are the biscuits??

No comments: