Monday 9 November 2009

Grumpy cow

I have been many of Snow Whites housemates over the past few days. I've been Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and undoubtedly Dozey, but primarily I have been Grumpy...

Things which have grumped me out in the past few days have included:

The two cyclists who seemed to be under the impression that the Tour de France runs through Malvern. I was driving to my hair appointment and had to wait for HOURS (well, a good few minutes) for them to peddle up the steep incline of Church Street SIDE BY SIDE. Its not wide enough for the parked cars, the side-by-side cyclists and my car. If they had gone line astern then no problem, but no....they HAD to hold me up!!

The kid acting out in the line at Waitrose. He was running around so much, and his dad wasn't able to control him at all, that they shoved their empty trolley into our side of the checkout which rather hindered Stephen and I being able to get in to pack up our groceries. Unfortunately I couldn't move it back over without squishing the kid into the side of the conveyor....although I was SORELY tempted to!!!

The utterly crap latte I got in Worcester which consisted of a couple of mouthfuls of coffee topped off by 4 inches of solid foam so thick that you could actually cut it in half with the wooden stick things that pass for spoons. (I'm not exaggerating here!)

Today. Almost in its entirely. I have been mildly grumpy, increasing to pretty darn grumpy by the end of the day. It started when our neighbour leaped out (is he stalking us?!) as we were backing out the garage to ask if S wanted to go for a drink tonight. Then I discovered that the trousers I had on were conspiring with my blouse to flash my belly roll. Note to self: don't wear these trousers without a belt to keep them up! Then I found out that I was supposed to be able to give Stephen's location at any given point in the day to a shouted enquiry from the other side of the office... I am NOT his keeper or his diary secretary. And...why not walk and ask me/phone and ask me/IM and ask me - anything but yell across the office from 30 ft away and ask me!! Even better - why not phone and ask HIM!!!!! Then the neighbour turned up 10 minutes early to collect S to go to the pub. As we'd only got home at 7pm and had been home 20 minutes we were still finishing up the hastily prepared supper. Indigestion city!!

I am now de-grumping by watching Stephen Fry's Tour of America - which we missed when it was on first time round as we were in America! He's in Washington DC....ahhh, how lovely it looks!

No comments: