Sunday 8 November 2009

Our Saturday

Saturday was a very pleasant day. I had my hair cut and de-grayed and it was nice enough weather-wise that I managed to get the top down on my convertible driving home. Of course, it rained about 20 minutes after I got home, but hey, I'd had my fun by then. It was a tad chilly I do have to admit, but the clever car immediately whacks up the temperature when you press the hood down button, plus I had my lovely new scarf - 12ft of fluffy, sparkly loveliness hand-knitted by Justine's mum. It was much admired by the staff of the salon too.

We decided to stay in and cook dinner last night (woo-hoo!). We did a quick run around Waitrose and came back and opened a bottle of champagne (just because) and prepared a feast of chicken breast stuffed with boursin and wrapped in pancetta. We polished that off and were sitting enjoying cheese and biscuits and a glass of port when Stephen decided that drinking the port via his mouth was much too boring and that filtering it through his jumper was much the best way to go. He missed his mouth altogether! He thought he'd caught it on his chin until he saw my horrified look....his bargain silk/cashmere jumper from Banana Republic was now acid green with a huge dark red mark.

I haven't moved so fast in a long while! I had the jumper wrestled off him and into the sink in the blink of an eye. Then began the frantic run through of the stain removal techniques. I even remembered that in a cupboard somewhere I had "wine off"...it didn't seem to make any difference! Soap seemed to do best and YAY the stain is no longer!!!

We sat down to watch Knowing which was a great movie, but verging on a bit scary for me (nothing more scary than Bambi remember!). One of the female characters said something and Stephen said "that's what you sound like all the time"....which made me laugh! I sit with the legal team in work. The head of the section doesn't speak to me very often, other than to reply to my Good Morning, but when he does its invariably to ask me if I'm doing something for July 4th, or Thanksgiving. I was beginning to suspect that he knew I had worked in the Inc, realised that I had an accent of some kind, but not realised that it was a Scottish one. Perhaps I'm being hard on him...perhaps I still have enough American in there to be genuinely confusing for him!!

No comments: