Wednesday 22 August 2007

What's in a name?

We went for a pizza on Monday night to celebrate my first day at work. They showed us to a tiny table in the middle of the aisle, which we took as we were starving...next time we should definitely wait for a booth! We were nearly finished our pizza, which was sitting on a tray, perched on a stand, on our tiny table...when CRASH...the whole lot hit the floor! There was a deafening silence only broken by the metal tray rotating a last few times like a spinning penny slowing down and Stephen saying "It wasn't me. Honestly! It wasn't me!". Actually, it wasn't either of us...the stand is carefully sloped so that the tray would rest against the wall....if there was a wall available for it to rest against!! They apologised, offered to make us another pizza and bought Stephen a drink which kind of made up for the humiliation of having the eyes of the entire restaurant on us!!

Work has been busier the past couple of days. Colin is going on holiday, so I've been picking up some of his stuff as well as getting on with sorting out El Presidente! There has been a great debate as to what my title should be. I was happy to call myself PA, but that is apparently not a phrase that is used in the US - so scratch that. We finally decided on the US term, so I'm a rather grand sounding "Executive Assistant to the President, QInc"...Colin (my dear friend!) suggested that we should include "Short" at the beginning to make it more accurate. I tell you I was Short in more than one sense when he said that!!

No comments: