Friday 3 August 2007

The Wives hit the shops - again!

There was a faint smell of burning plastic in Georgetown this afternoon where I was trying out my flexible friend! There was the most gorgeous quirky shop that sold clothes and bits and pieces for the house too. I got the most gorgeous red woolen lightweight cardi/jacket. It's a very Kerry shade of pillar box red, in a casual cross-over style and is warm whilst being incredibly light - perfect for walking to the pub on an Autumn evening! And not terribly expensive either! I have a feeling that I may not be bring many of the clothes I brought out back with me - either that or we'll have to order a bigger shipping container for the journey home! I also got a rather fetching hat! Jude, Hilary and I all tried this on...Hilary and I made quite a contrast - I have a big head (nothing in it though!) and have to ram it on risking possible brain damage due to the compression factor, but on Hilary it slipped down over her ears with acres of room to spare! As we said - you have to suffer to look good, so I've bought it - but if you speak to me an I can't remember my name then I've either been wearing the hat a lot, or I've had a bucket of wine!!

Georgetown was lovely. Loads of great shops including a Dean & Delucca delicatessen, and a Pottery Barn (got a lovely throw for the sofa in there), a J Crew which had fab bags/shoes and jackets, oh and a nice cardigan.... really I was quite restrained with the purchases! I could had done some real damage to the bank account!!

You can cruise to Georgetown from Old Town, and this is supposed to be a really nice thing to do. You can take the afternoon boat over, do some shopping, have cocktails and dinner and take the last boat back. The last boat is at 9:30 so you sail past all the monuments which are all lit up on the way back. Must organise that one weekend. Sounds lovely!

No comments: