Saturday 24 January 2009

Combating the cold

During our very cold spell last week I made good on my promise to myself to go and buy jimjams with sleeves as I was fed up with freezing my shoulders in my current range of strappy topped variety. I picked up a pair without looking too closely at the bottoms. It wasn't until I put them on and Stephen burst out laughing that I realised what a complete tit I looked! The bottoms were skintight leggings...with the leggings and the bobbed hair I looked like Max Wall!! I just needed the funny walk! These may be a complete passion-killers, but at least I'm warm!

Ever the scientist, as we were walking about Philly last weekend freezing half to death, Stephen commented that we would probably be warmer if we just packed ice inside our clothes as that is only 0C and, thanks to minus 15C temps and severe wind chill, we were probably experiencing nearer minus 25C. I wasn't going to take him up on it, but the laughter took my mind of the cold for a few seconds at least.

No comments: